We Can Help with That
Treating relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis can be complicated—for patients, for their families and even for the health professionals who manage their care.
Mylan AdvocateTM can help you overcome the barriers that may stand between you and your treatment—whether it’s making sure that your health plan’s “prior authorization” forms are filled out correctly or sending you a text reminder for your injection.
We’re there for you, with the support you need to stay on track.
Experienced Nurses Available
- Your condition
- Glatiramer Acetate Injection
- Proper injection technique
Our MS-experienced nurses can also work with you one-on-one to:
In-home injection training
You can call Mylan AdvocateTM to schedule an in-home training session with one of our MS-experienced nurses, who can show you how to use the WhisperJECT® Autoinjector device or pre-filled glass syringe and guide you through each step of your injection. Please see the Instructions For UseTM provided with your WhisperJECT® Autoinjector device.
Your Benefits Advocate
You’ll have access to a trained Benefits Advocate—a go-to resource who can help you navigate through the requirements of your insurance plan, whether it’s private or government sponsored.
Your Benefits Advocate can help you by:
- Coordinating your insurance benefits
- Helping you fill out and file the right forms at the right time
- Assisting you in signing up for the Mylan AdvocateTM Co-pay Program, if you’re eligible
- Helping to identify possible sources of financial assistance
MS Resources You Can Access Now
To find brochures, websites and more, on topics most relevant to you and your family and friends, visit our MS Resources page
Call Mylan AdvocateTM today at 1.844.MylanMS (1.844.695.2667)
Mylan AdvocateTM Co-pay Program
As a leader in the manufacture of generic medications, Mylan is committed to making quality medicines more affordable.
With the Mylan AdvocateTM Co-pay Program, your co-pay for Glatiramer Acetate Injection from Mylan could be as low as $0 a month.*
- No financial qualifications
- If your insurance has recently changed, contact Mylan AdvocateTM to see if you are eligible for the Mylan AdvocateTM Co-pay Program
For commercially insured patients:
You may be eligible to get your Glatiramer Acetate Injection prescription filled for a co-pay as low as $0.* Certain limits and restrictions apply. Call Mylan AdvocateTM for more information on the Mylan AdvocateTM Co-pay Program today 1.844.MylanMS (1.844.695.2667).
Terms and Conditions for $0 Co-pay
Eligibility Criteria Terms and Conditions
- The Mylan Advocate co-pay assistance program for Mylan’s Glatiramer Acetate Injection is open to both new and existing eligible patients who are residents of the U.S. or Puerto Rico, 18 years of age or older, and who have commercial prescription drug insurance.
- This co-pay assistance program can be used to reduce the amount of an eligible patient’s out-of-pocket expense for Mylan’s Glatiramer Acetate Injection 20mg/mL and/or 40mg/mL up to the full amount of the patient’s out-of-pocket expense per prescription which may be up to a 90-day supply, subject to an aggregate amount of $9,000 per 12-month period (such aggregate amount includes dispenses of both Mylan’s Glatiramer Acetate Injection 20mg/mL and 40mg/mL).
- This co-pay assistance program is not valid for uninsured patients (except for commercially insured patients without coverage for Mylan’s Glatiramer Acetate Injection 20mg/mL and/or 40mg/mL); patients who are covered in whole or in part by any state or federally funded healthcare program, including, but not limited to, any state pharmaceutical assistance program, Medicare (Part D or otherwise), Medicaid, Medigap, VA or DOD, or TriCare (regardless of whether a specific prescription is covered by such government program); if the patient is Medicare eligible and enrolled in an employer-sponsored health plan or prescription benefit program for retirees; or if the patient’s insurance plan is paying the entire cost of this prescription. This co-pay assistance program is void outside the U.S. or Puerto Rico or in any state or jurisdiction where prohibited by law, taxed or restricted. This program is valid in Massachusetts through June 30, 2019, unless applicable law is amended or extended by Massachusetts. This program is not valid in California.
- Valid prescription required. Patient must be 18 years of age and older. Use of this co-pay assistance program must be consistent with the terms of any drug benefit provided by a commercial health insurer, health plan or private third-party payer. This co-pay assistance program may be changed or discontinued at any time without notice.
- This co-pay assistance program is not health insurance. The co-pay assistance program is not transferable and the amount of the benefit cannot exceed the patient’s out-of-pocket expenses. Cannot be combined with any other rebate/coupon, free trial, or similar offer for the specified prescription. The co-pay assistance is not redeemable for cash. No additional purchase is required.
- Data related to your use of this co-pay assistance program may be collected, analyzed and shared with Mylan for market research and other purposes related to assessing co-pay assistance programs. Data shared with Mylan will be aggregated and de-identified, meaning it will be combined with data related to other co-pay assistance program redemptions and will not identify you.
Mylan Smart Injection Tracker®
At home or away, Mylan's Smart Injection Tracker® for your smartphone helps you track your injection to one device that you carry with you. Record where you inject each time; use reminders to avoid missed injections.
Mylan’s Smart Injection Tracker® is designed specifically for use with Mylan’s Glatiramer Acetate Injection and the Rx-only WhisperJECT® Autoinjector.
Features enable you to:
- Customize app settings and features to fit your lifestyle—set reminders and notifications
- Track and Plan rotation of your injection sites
- Take notes and record questions to discuss with your doctor or nurse
- Learn about helpful injection tips
GLATIRAMER ACETATE INJECTION is a prescription medicine used for the treatment of people with relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis (MS).
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Do not take GLATIRAMER ACETATE INJECTION if you are allergic to glatiramer acetate or mannitol.
Some patients report a short-term reaction right after injecting glatiramer acetate. This reaction can involve flushing (feeling of warmth and/or redness), chest tightness or pain with heart palpitations, anxiety, and trouble breathing. These symptoms generally appear within minutes of an injection. Call your doctor right away if you have any of these symptoms and do not give yourself more injections until your doctor tells you to.
Chest pain may occur either as part of the immediate post-injection reaction or on its own. This pain usually only lasts a few minutes. You may experience more than one such episode, usually beginning at least one month after starting treatment. Tell your doctor if you experience chest pain.
A permanent indentation under the skin (lipoatrophy and, rarely, death of your skin tissue also referred to as necrosis) at the injection site may occur due to local destruction of fat tissue. Be sure to follow your doctor’s instruction on how to use glatiramer acetate injection and be sure to choose a different injection site each time you use glatiramer acetate injection.
The most common side effects in studies of GLATIRAMER ACETATE INJECTION are redness, pain, swelling, itching, or a lump at the site of injection, rash, shortness of breath, and flushing. These are not all the possible side effects of GLATIRAMER ACETATE INJECTION. For a complete list, ask your doctor or pharmacist. Tell your doctor about any side effects that you have while taking GLATIRAMER ACETATE INJECTION.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.